Sunday, June 17, 2018

16 - Corvallis, OR - Day 4

One more project done. N, as n approaches infinity, more projects to go. The first picture shows the Dicor sealing the edges of the Eternabond tape. Both products are designed for rubber roofing repair. The vent covers go over the pins and are held in place with a washer and spring clip as shown in the second picture. This makes them easily removable for cleaning. There was still some Dicor left in the caulking tube so I went around the roof adding some where it looked a little thin. 

The third picture shows where the vent covers were put and before we leave the campground, we will verify that the A/C cover is still the highest thing on the roof. There is a railroad bridge less than a 1/10th of a mile from the RV park that is labeled as 13’ 4” and 13’ 6”. We’ve been under the bridge several times without issue and, since it’s on the way out of town, I thought it would be a good idea to measure again. 

An odd thing happened. I moved the RV to a full hookup site this afternoon and after getting it all hooked up, I noticed the Trimetric monitor was showing negative current. The charge controller wasn’t showing any errors but after rebooting it, everything was fine again. Current was showing 17 amps charging. Hmmm...








4 comments:

redlegsrides said...

Didn't realize your rig was so much taller than our motorhome....I think we're just shy of 11'. Remind me next time our paths cross with our RVs with us; I'd like you to check the sealant up on the roof.

Lynne Goebeler said...

Checking things off, all you can do is one at a time. 😉

RichardM said...

With the trailer hooked up to the truck, the bathroom vent cover is 2 1/2” lower than the A/C unit. Our actual maximum height is 13’ even so I just watch out for anything under 13 1/2’.

RichardM said...

Yep. Bridget mentioned that on this trip, the rig is showing it’s age.