I removed a few more bits and pieces such as the right leg guard (or whatever they call that piece of plastic) and the coil. I also tucked all of the wiring and cables out of the way. I just noticed that the springs from the rear brake pedal and the center stand must have been attached to the engine or transmission somewhere. That may have contributed to the difficulty getting the engine out of the frame initially.
On Friday, Jed was going to come by to help get the engine installed into the frame but I had to cancel due to being flat on my back with a health issue. It's okay now but I really need to try and stay hydrated. Many times while travelling, I won't drink enough water. Especially while flying.