PBC #36 and #37 were recorded on the same day. Shortly after starting, I noticed that the time/temp signs in town were showing a much lower temperature than I had measured at the start of the ride. So, naturally, I stopped and started a new recording. How's that for evidence of being obsessed. Besides getting more points (as if that mattered), it does allow me to have a video uploaded in advance. BTW, I am far from being the points leader this year. A dual sport rider in Utah took his GS on a couple of 300 mile rides and has almost double the points.
Also a maintenance note.
- 42,750 km
- Torqued the heads (34 ft-lbs)
- Adjusted the valves
- Topped off engine oil 10w40 full synthetic
- Checked transmission and final drive fluids (both full)
- Adjusted drum brakes
- Oiled speedometer cable
- Checked plugs (OK)
- Checked timing (OK)
- Balanced carbs (minimal change)
- Repaired right heated grip (broken wire)