Just because I'm a little paranoid (plus it's easy to do), I checked the valve clearances yet again. All were as I had set them earlier (lower limit) and I readjusted them to the middle of the adjustment range (0.003" for both intake and exhaust). The gas mileage has been dismal since I put in the Napa filter so I'm assuming that it has a lot more resistance than the stock filter. I cleaned the original filter and put it back in place of the NAPA filter. I also re-installed the crankcase vapor recovery tank from Raceway. It's an 8 month item and will be removed once temperatures drop to be consistently below 0°F again.
Here is the list of tasks to be done as part of the 25k service.
- Change engine oil and filter. (Used 20w50 non-synthetic as that's all that was available)
- Change transmission oil. (Last change was with full synthetic. Mickey said that I can double the change interval)
- Inspect air filter element (Cleaned the original element with soap and water)
- Check carburetors while idling for synchronous operation (not done)
- Adjustment of steering column bearings (checked, no issues)
- Tension of wheel spokes (checked, no issues)
- Toe-in and camber of the motorcycle and sidecar (checked in February)
- Lever pins (clutch lever was dry)
- Foot brake pedal shaft (I'm planning to install a grease fitting on the shaft so not done)
- Hinges of the foot brake pedal shaft and linkage. (done)
- Check condition and action of brakes (sidecar fine, rear break needed adjustment)
- Check tires for tread depth greater than 3/32" (no problem. Almost no measureable wear over the winter)
- Check fasteners for proper tightening. (checked the sidecar attachment bolts)