Thursday, May 11, 2017

Day 6

Well, the title could be "Blah, Blah, Blah". I stopped at where the trailer has been stored so I could off load stuff brought from home. I took the opportunity to finish part of the installation. This is the front electrical compartment on the RV. The two circuit breakers on the lower right and the 6 awg wires is the stock DC system. I connected the two positive leads to a new shutoff switch and the two ground leads to the ground bus. The plywood fit easily behind the driveshaft for the front landing gear though I had to trim about 2" off the bottom of the plywood to fit the lid onto the battery box. I drilled a 1 3/4" hole in the bottom of the battery box and the lid for ventilation. The black hose on the right connects to the hose fitting on the lid.  Getting all this installed took most of the afternoon. 

Since this is no longer a "test", I used an anti-oxidizing paste on all of the electrical connections. So far the only thing I forgot to bring were 2" screws to install the shutoff switch feeding the existing 12 volt system. I also need to pick up some eye bolts and ratchet straps so I can anchor the battery box to the floor. At 280 pounds, I want it firmly fastened down. The extra openings in the box will be covered with some Eternabond tape before the lid is locked down. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty clean install! Looking forward to checking it out in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is more vertical height than I expected which made it easier.

      Delete
  2. I agree,and I like the layout. I assume you'll be posting performance reports after the PV are installed. Nothing less is expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post solar performance data. I'm really interested to see how well it all works.

      Delete
  3. Blah, blah, blah, very nice install! :-)

    ReplyDelete