The road trip is over while I'm still in Anchorage. Right now, I'm sitting in the Anchorage airport waiting for my flight to Barrow. Even if I had left from Fairbanks I would still be sitting here waiting for the next flight. Alaska Airlines had cancelled the direct flight from Fairbanks to Barrow so the only option is to fly from Fairbanks to Anchorage, then Anchorage to Prudhoe, then Prudhoe to Barrow. A lot of legs for what used to be a 75 minute flight.
This is a planned trip and since I was already in Anchorage, it made sense to fly out of here to Barrow.