The modest sized giant cabbage that I used ended up making 6 pints of pickled cabbage.
I removed the round cover over the hall sensor and the interrupter. Everything is solidly in place but when I removed the cover, about 200ml of water poured out. Not good. I then disconnected the cable to the hall sensor and verified that there was battery voltage across the red and black leads. I then connected a test lead to the green trigger wire and touched it to ground. I got a nice healthy spark from the plugs. I think that the hall sensor had failed again. It was replaced by the previous owner at about 18k km. Now the rig has 40k km.