As expected, the roads were pretty messy today but the other drivers were behaving well. This is our driveway after clearing the snow several times yesterday. The first clearing was about 6" and the second and third were about 2". We really did get a lot of snow yesterday. The ride in to town was pretty uneventful but I was glad that I swapped out the rear tire and added some of the leftover carbide studs. I didn't really have enough so I used the ice screws on the Duro front tire.
While Bridget was out walking the dogs, she came across an abandoned tire chain embedded in the ice. I suspect that it came off of someone's vehicle and they may have not noticed the loss. If they aren't installed properly they could come off easily but you'd think someone would notice the change in the sound. The picture does show what our road is like these days.
This afternoon, I swapped out the Duro for the Heidenau K37 that I had used last year on the front as well as the first 1000 km or so of my summer road trip. It looks like it still has plenty of tread and you can see the ice screws that I'm using for now. The screws wear out pretty quickly especially if used on the pusher. The rear tire is also a K37 that was used on the sidecar last winter so it still has plenty of tread left. The sidecar has last years pusher so it's kind of worn but for the sidecar, it has plenty of life left.
The only other change for the winter (so far) is the addition of the Koplin bar end mitts that I had picked up last February. After installing them, I noticed that I couldn't reach the heated grip control so I relocated it to be right next to the CHT gauge. The only thing left is an engine oil change but still somewhat undecided as to what weight oil to use.